Wednesday 6 February 2013

MOBILE MONEY : (Introduction and EcoCash signup)


The adverts are everywhere, billboards, kombis, the sides of buildings and as you walk past banks. Mobile banking is alive and growing with several options now available. Econet Wireless's EcoCash has emerged as the most popular or at the very least most marketed solution. It however is not the only option out there.
In this series i all be using and reviewing services that allow me to send, receive , check my balance or interact with money in any way using my cell phone . I will share my experiences as i use these services on a day to day basis . And to start off................

EcoCash
I was walking past a local Agribank branch when i noticed an EcoCash poster. I went through the door and the security guard directed me to a counter that appeared to be dedicated to EcoCash services. I waited in line , got to the counter and a lady told me they needed a copy of my ID before i could register. I quickly dashed across the street got my ID photocopied and came back to the teller. She handed me a form i filled it in and after i was done she took it and she punched a few keys on her phone . A minute or so later i got an sms confirming i d registered plus a pin for me to log in with . I logged in it asked me to enter a new pin , i did and i was good to go. All in all it took about 30 minutes’ to sign up and get started .Apart from the hiccup with the copy of my ID , it was a simple and straight forward process

No comments:

Post a Comment