Wednesday 13 February 2013

MOBILE MONEY : NetOne’s OneWallet and EcoCash cont.

http://www.techzim.co.zw/wp-content/uploads/onewallet-300-th.png



After last week's article was published i began to wonder if the sign up experience was the same with all EcoCash agents. I had seen EcoCash agents at my local shopping centre so i convinced a friend to go sign up for the service.
Photocopy of ID in hand we approached one the agents, we filled in the same form and within minutes my friend was registered. Taking advantage i asked the agent if i could credit my account with money. He asked me for my ID number how much i wanted to credit, filling in the details in some sort of ledger. I handed him the amount, he asked me to sign next to my details in his ledger. He punched some keys on his phone and i got a message confirming my new credit balance. With the new balance in my account i decided to try the airtime top up feature of another econet number. It worked and as a bonus it seems the recipient received 10 free sms 

NETONE'S ONEWALLET
NetOne's one wallet is NetOne implementation of mobile money. After going through NetOnes website i found  out you can register for Onewallet online





I followed the link and i clicked on the “New User”  link . I filled in the usual details ; name ,address and phone number .


A process similar to signing up for an email or Facebook account .

 After completing the account creation process i received an sms from NetOne confirming i d been registered for One wallet.


I d received  account confirmation , i was ready to start when i ran into my first problem , how to access my account. I didn’t know what to dial or what sms to send were . I went back to NetOne's website and got even more confused . I have decided to go to my nearest  Onewallet agent to get some clarification, maybe there’s something i have missed


No comments:

Post a Comment