Wednesday 20 February 2013

MOBILE MONEY: OneWallet and TextaCash

I failed to get hold of a OneWallet agent. I visited the main branch of my town’s Post office and they couldn’t help me .The Netone website claims all post office branches are agents , it seems that’s a bit far from the truth.
I have been able to locate a list of local agents and a walk around the town only shows Ecocash signage. If they are any agents they are not doing anything to advertise their presence

TEXTACASH
Textacash is a mobile money solution being offered by CABS. I walked into my local CABS branch and was directed to counter that was marked “Textacash”. At the counter i was given a form to fill in. After filling in a form and presenting my ID i was told i would be issued a textacash card , and before i do that i had to choose the mobile number to link my account to . After providing my number and entering a Pin code into one of their Point of sale swipe machines i was given a receipt. The receipt contained a confirmation code i had to enter when i used the service for the first time. Dialling *227# i was asked for my confirmation code and my Pin code . After that i was signed up.
Fifteen minutes is all it took to register for the service .

NB. The teller explained to me that the card i had been issued can be used at any CABS pay point like those found at TM supermarkets.


1 comment:

  1. Textacash is a mobile money solution being offered by CABS. I walked into my local CABS branch and was directed to counter that was marked “Textacash”. At the counter i was given a form to fill in. Greg Anderson Mobile Money Code

    ReplyDelete